We provide pre-natal and post-partum physiotherapy to help your body prepare for and recover from pregnancy.
WOW! I didn’t know…
- pregnancy can create a separation of your abdominal muscles at the front called a diastasis recti
- the connective tissue around your belly has spent a long time being stretched; how do you safely get back to activity
- many people don’t properly engage the pelvic floor group of muscles; how do you get them back to “normal” functioning?
Let’s look at your belly and pelvic floor! Your body has undergone a lot of change in the past several months. We will look at:
- if you have a diastasis recti and determine effective exercises for you to help close any gap
- the strength and endurance of your pelvic floor muscles and design a personal program to improve
- your core muscles, back, pelvis and hips to ensure any issues are resolved
- education regarding proper postures for feeding, lifting and carrying your baby
- based on your own goals, how to safely get you back to your previous activity level and beyond!